Thursday, March 31, 2011

Professional Business with a Unique niche. - Professional Portrait Photographer (stockton, ca)

So, hubby sort of "let the cat out of the bag" so to speak! I've been working on a huge change with the business and I had planned to keep in on the down low until at least the week of Earth Day! Why the week of Earth Day you ask? Well...let me start with who, what, where, when, why, and how I came about all these changes!

As a person who is truly passionate about my work, and as a business person, it's my job to do everything that I possibly can to keep my dream of being a professional photographer and business owner alive! With that said, let's be honest; my business is pretty darn successful given the circumstances, but "pretty darn successful GIVEN THE CIRCUMSTANCES" isn't what I have written in my business plan so some things HAD to change! I do not doubt my abilities or my choices, but to be frank I sort of surprised myself with the numbers I have drawn up at the end of every year for the past three years! I shouldnt be surprised! I stopped and realized this which led me to realize my potential of success for myself, my business, and for my clients! I finally found my unique NICHE just by realizing that I wasnt pushing myself as hard as I could! I am so thrilled and excited to share and get it all out to you! "What what what?!?! Say it already", is what you're thinking, right? Haha...well....I can't give you everything yet because it's all still in the works. Like I said, someone let the cat out of the bag so I am going to indulge in my excitement and share with you a little more.

Alicia Gines Photography provides professional, NATURAL, personal, and unique lifestyle photography; with emphasis on NATURAL! Let me stop there for a moment and ask you this.....how many photos have you HONESTLY seen with....less then model-type looking people or children in the photo? Tons, right?! Just about every photo that you see is of beautiful people. Doesn't that make you say to yourself that you hate pictures, you would never take pictures like that? I know for a fact that a lot of people say these sorts of things, just based off of my own friends, family, and even my husband. Photographers have approached the industry all wrong! Why pursue this small percentage of beautiful (appearance) people when there is a HUGE percentage of natural beauties out there who DESERVE to feel beautiful and have memories!!!? I love your freakishly gorgeous person, dont get me wrong. What I love more is the natural, average person who WANTS to be beautiful...who longs to be shown they are beautiful....who is! That is my target! So, let's continue....Alicia Gines Photography provides professional, NATURAL, personal, and unique lifestyle photography; with emphasis on NATURAL! We want to showcase that natural aspect. Who are YOU, what do YOU love to do? We take these aspects and highlight them with professional equipment and skills and viola...you have this amazing product that YOU WILL LOVE! Nobody else has done this! I JUST might be barking up the wrong tree here...but this is my new goal. I want to take that average mom, who works 24/7, thinks she has ugly baby fat still, dark circles, and show her she is one HOT MAMA that can buy a large canvas of herself and put it on that ever-so-dull blank wall!!!! And if showing men, women, and children that they don't have to be models isn't enough....I want to show my clients HOW MUCH I REALLY CARE by going eco-friendly with my business. What a better approach this "NATURAL" niche then to literally go natural!?! All of my materials I use from here on out; I vouch that they will be eco-friendly. I have already cut back my "trash" by at least 20% if not more! Completely got rid of all of my paper transactions and am replacing things with electronic ways and/or have replaced papers with recycled papers.....which brings me to the logo that you now see on the website. The new logo is inspired by the recycled paper. The paper we will be using from here on out is Banana Paper 100% recycled and in my opinion, SUPER CUTE. We've accompanied it with a very natural, but yet bright sunny yellow. Nope, no more blue, no more Damask! That was way over done! I have never seen anything like I have come up with, and I am proud to use it! So, Alicia Gines Photography has a new way of business, a new niche, a new logo, new projects in the making, and we even have new 100% organic t-shirts!!! Pretty darn cool, no? I am currently in the process of buying my new business cards, envelopes, flash drives, and MORE...as soon as I gather everything together I will be sharing detailed photos.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Do you think this will take me further in my endeavors? Do you think it's silly? Let's hear what you think!!!!!!



To check out more Professional Portrait Photography visit Alicia Gines Photography

2 comments:

  1. Love that you're going green :) I don't think it is silly at all! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just jumped on to check out how the biz was going and am super PSYCHED to hear that you are going green!!! How awesome is that? I like the new logo, I like the new attitude you have with the whole going green and Im sure that it will make you stand out above the rest! I am super excited to watch you and your dreams bloom into what you have always imagined, you deserve it! What an awesome idea! You go girl! Keep us posted on everything! This is BIG!!! Yay!!! Congrats on the opportunity you have just opened up for you, your family and your business!

    ReplyDelete

I encourage all of your comments.