Sunday, April 17, 2011

Boutique Packaging. -Professional Photographer (Stockton, ca)

When I started my journey to make my business eco-friendly, I looked to several other photographers for support. Yes, they shared their fabulous looking packaging but claimed that they "spent too many hours and hard work on finding it themselves so that in order to have their vendors lists (people who they bought their materials from), you would have to pay a fee". Honestly, I get it! I think it's a little silly to be handing out something for a simple fee when you can learn and become so much more when you discover it all yourself. However!!!!.....these photographers claimed to want to "help" the world by becoming eco-friendly. Wait....does that make sense to you? It really bothered me that they were completely contradicting themselves! If you are truly wanting to help the world you should be standing up on roof tops screaming out the free information, begging people to go that route to save the world! Not charging them and flaunting how wonderful your stuff is. Soooo, with that said I am sharing ALL of my tidbits on my beautiful packaging. I'm not gonna lie, it isn't top of the line because top of the line eco-friendly stuff is $$$$ way more then it needs to be. Boutique packaging isnt just about packaging your final products beautifully, but to also make sure they are safe. Buying TOP OF THE LINE doesn't mean your products are any more safe then the middle of the line stuff :o). My approach was simple. I wanted my packaging to reflect my photography which is to be natural and relaxed with a little flare to it; something ORIGINAL. So without further a due....here it is in detail.

Just to prove to you that everything I buy is either biodegradable, recyclable, or recycled! and not to mention, purchased inside the USA. Buying local saves us from unnecessary emission that would come from the production of buying outside of the USA.




The unveiling of my new products (received and opening)




They didnt come in the same box, but voila.


The conversion from paper to digital is our biggest SAVE to the earth. By cutting back on all of our papers documents, contracts, etc and putting them in digital flash drives for our clients. These "Welcome Packets" can not only be reused, but they save trees!


The few things that we do still use for paper, I have purchased recycled kraft paper. Like you see here in my new referral program envelopes.


Instead of buying ribbon for my finishing touches, I have purchased twine.


To my gratification, I found out that the vendor I go through for my business cards was an eco-friendly business whom had low emissions in their factory. Here's the new business card (a million and one of them may I add lol)


Proud to announce I've already handed out about 40+ of these bad boys!


The New Referral Cards (a million and one of these as well)




All of the things that I do print are printed on 100% recycled banana paper. This banana paper is the mascot for the entire new business look.


First I would like to apologize for blurring the text in the photos. As much as I love to share my vendors and information, I can't share my exact words. :o)
And here it is...all in one. I printed one sample just so I could share with everyone the new look as a whole. All of the information that is in this folder will be presented on a flash drive to every client who puts down a non refundable deposit of $35.00 which holds their date.


The flash drive, it's box and some guidance to make everything easier for you :o)


The referral program and its contents. LOVE!


The final product excluding any prints or products. This is the folder which is all on the flash drive. The flash drive is in the box. A Thank you letter. And A Referral program.


If you love what you see then PLEASE comment! Let me know what you think!!! I would love to show my past, present and future clients the ACTUAL thing so BOOK A PORTRAIT session today for your family, your newborn, maternity, whatever it may be...book today so I can show you the REAL thing!! :o)


Here is my vendor list.
Business Cards & Referral Cards- Overnightprints.com
Envelopes- Paperpresentation.com
Banana Paper- Office Depot
Boxes- Nashvillewraps.com
Tissue Paper (not shown)- Nashvillewraps.com
Black folder and envelope- Papersource.com
Twine- individual seller from artfire.com
Flash drives- Pexagontech.com




To check out more Professional Portrait Photography visit Alicia Gines Photography

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE Alicia!!!!! I agree that it is contradictory that how those photographers are acting, and I love your honesty and how you are willing to help others out without the "fee" :)...I am honored and emotional that both my boys are on your cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Alicia!! Pretty amazing spread you have!

    ReplyDelete

I encourage all of your comments.